Re: I can't think of a punch line but...

От Emanuel Calvo Franco
Тема Re: I can't think of a punch line but...
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
2009/7/7 Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu>:
> I thought somewhere here would find this amusing:
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.4/en/blackhole-storage-engine.html
>
> (Actually I can see how it's useful, but...)

It's easy to simulate this with rules in the basic way.
I'm trying to imaging how can it runs with /dev/null device.

But the problem is if we can use at the same way than Mysql. If you
truncate a table after every 'action', those truncates will appear in
the Wal, so it couldn't be replicated the inserted data.

Maybe could be usefull for test configuration in pgsql way.

Any suggestions will welcomed.

--
              Emanuel Calvo Franco
      www.emanuelcalvofranco.com.ar