Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)
Дата
Ответ на Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)  (Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/11/19 4:30 PM, Robert Haas wrote:

> But, if it does need to be changed, it seems like a terrible idea to
> allow it to be done via SQL. Otherwise, the user can break the driver
> by using SQL to set the list to something that the driver's not
> expecting, and there's nothing the driver can do to prevent it.

... unless there is something like a (perhaps more generally useful)
BECAUSE I HAVE :cookie AND I SAY SO clause.[1]

Regards,
-Chap

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/59127E4E.8090705%40anastigmatix.net