Re: Reducing output size of nodeToString

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Reducing output size of nodeToString
Дата
Re: Reducing output size of nodeToString  (Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11.03.24 21:52, Matthias van de Meent wrote:
>> * v7-0003-gen_node_support.pl-Mark-location-fields-as-type-.patch
>>
>> This looks sensible, but maybe making Location a global type is a bit
>> much?  Maybe something more specific like ParseLocation, or ParseLoc, to
>> keep it under 12 characters.
> I've gone with ParseLoc in the attached v8 patchset.

I have committed this one.

I moved the typedef to nodes/nodes.h, where we already had similar
typdefs (Cardinality, etc.).  The fields stmt_location and stmt_len in
PlannedStmt were not converted, so I fixed that.  Also, between you
writing your patch and now, at least one new node type was added, so I
fixed that one up, too.  (I diffed the generated node support functions
to check.)  Hopefully, future hackers will apply the new type when
appropriate.