Re: Forward: Re: Getting errors while installing Postgresql 9.1.1 version

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Forward: Re: Getting errors while installing Postgresql 9.1.1 version
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
(CC'ing pgsql-odbc again. Please keep the mailing list CC'd, so that
everyone can join in the discussion)

On 08/15/2016 05:04 PM, udaybhaskar aripirala wrote:
> Hi Heikki,
>
> Thanks for your time and suggestions.
>
> Do we need to user /usr only or we can user our own user (bousr) id which
> was created specifically for our application. As we don't have root
> permissions and user also does not have permissions on /usr.
>
> So we are planning to install in an user folder boapp which has all rights
> to user (bousr).

You can use "./configure --prefix=<path>" option to specify a location
where it's installed. If you specify a location that the user has write
access to, you don't need root.

- Heikki