Re: PostgreSQL 12 Press Release - First Draft

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 12 Press Release - First Draft
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL 12 Press Release - First Draft  (Petr Jelinek <petr@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
Hi Everyone,

> On 2019-08-21 22:43, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
>> - Administrative (REINDEX CONCURRENTLY, pg_checksums)
>
> Enhancements to progress tracking of various utility commands might fit
> in under this heading.
>
> Other than that, I don't see anything major to be added.
>

> The file you attached contains a confusing selection of non-ASCII
> characters such as curly quotes and non-breaking spaces.  Nothing wrong
> with using those, of course, but it's not done consistently and looks
> gratuitous.  You should look into cleaning that up so that this doesn't
> get messed up further by downstream processors of the press release.

Thank you all for your feedback, it was incredibly helpful! I waited a
few days before incorporating changes to try to limit the back-and-forth.

Please see attached for the latest draft. I tried to move this closer to
the final markdown version (e.g. to Peter's point above) though there is
some additional formatting I will provide before the final one.

Again, please keep your feedback coming through September 6, 2019
AOE[1]. I will let you know if there is an extension, of course :)

Thanks!

Jonathan

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anywhere_on_Earth

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 12 Press Release - First Draft
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 12 Press Release - First Draft