Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2023-08-14 Mo 10:04, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
On 12.08.23 23:14, Andres Freund wrote:
It's a somewhat annoying task though, find all the typedefs, add them to the
right place in the file (we have an out of order entry right now). I think a
script that*adds*  (but doesn't remove) local typedefs would make this less
painful.

I was puzzled once that there does not appear to be such a script available.  Whatever the buildfarm does (before it merges it all together) should be available locally.  Then the workflow could be

type type type
compile
update typedefs
pgindent
commit

It's a bit more complicated :-)

You can see what the buildfarm does at <https://github.com/PGBuildFarm/client-code/blob/ec4cf43613a74cb88f228efcde09931cf9fd57e7/run_build.pl#L2562> It's been somewhat fragile over the years, which most people other than Tom and I have probably not noticed.

On most platforms it needs postgres to have been installed before looking for the typedefs.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan