Re: Insert into partition table hangs

От Qingqing Zhou
Тема Re: Insert into partition table hangs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
""Nikola Ivanov"" <xlpizza@gmail.com> wrote
> Database is running on Windows 2003 Advanced Server and it is PostgreSQL
> 8.1.3.
>
> On 6/9/06, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote
> >
> > Buggy SysV semaphore support in the kernel, maybe?  What platform is
> > this exactly?

Yes, there is a bug in 8.1.3 Win32 SYSV semaphore emulation but I can't
figure out how the bug will lead this behavior ...

There is patch applied to the CVS tip -- you can find it in the patches
(somthing like "Win32 semaphore patch"). If you can, try to apply it to your
server (8.0.*, 8.1.* are all ok with it). There was one successful case of
solving the semaphore problem with the patch.

Regards,
Qingqing