Re: Wrong order of tests in findDependentObjects()

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Wrong order of tests in findDependentObjects()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/26/16 10:25 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> It suddenly struck me that the problem being complained of in bug #14434
> is that dependency.c's findDependentObjects() is handling extension
> dependencies incorrectly.

I suspect this is unrelated, but I've run into another oddity with
extension dependency: if an extension creates any temporary objects the
extension will install and function correctly... until the backend that
created the extension quits. This is VERY confusing if you've never come
across it before, because you'll do a bunch of work in a single script
but when you try to use the extension for real it will "randomly" just
vanish.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)