Re: Winflex docs and distro

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Winflex docs and distro
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/17/21 5:51 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 11:11 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>>> On 17 May 2021, at 10:17, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>>> Since PostgreSQL 9.3, in commit a266f7dd93b, we've added the text:
>>>
>>> +       The obsolete "winflex" binaries distributed on the PostgreSQL FTP site
>> Which was slightly updated in 0a9ae44288d.
> It's been touched a couple of times, but not in any material fashion.
>

>>> At this point. I suggest we simply stop distributing winflex on our
>>> download site, and just remove this note from the documentation.
>> Sounds reasonable, are there (easily retrieved) logs/tracking for when it was
>> accessed by anyone last?
> Not really. We don't keep logs going very far back. I can see it being
> accessed a handful of time in the past 14 days. But AFAICT from the
> limited information we have it's all bots.

+1 for removing the binary and the reference.

These days my setup for MSVC doesn't use msys: it's basically this PS1
fragment (which assumes chocolatey is installed):

    $utils = 'StrawberryPerl', 'git', 'winflexbison', 'diffutils', 'vim'
    choco install -y --no-progress --limit-output @utils
    $cbin = "c:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin"
    Rename-Item -Path $cbin\win_bison.exe -NewName bison.exe
    Rename-Item -Path $cbin\win_flex.exe -NewName flex.exe

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan