Re: BUG #4839: cannot start Postgre server on Windows XP SP3

От Massa, Harald Armin
Тема Re: BUG #4839: cannot start Postgre server on Windows XP SP3
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Chiiwen,

have you checked that the user your PostgreSQL service will be running under
(usually named "postgres" has full access to your PostgreSQL Data directory
(E:\Postgre\8.4\data)?

You can do this by:

runas /user:postgres cmd

change directory to e:\postgre\8.4

and find out, what you are seeing as postgres

best wishes

Harald

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 5:24 PM, Chiiwen Liou <chiiwenl@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      4839
> Logged by:          Chiiwen Liou
> Email address:      chiiwenl@yahoo.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4 Beta 2
> Operating system:   Windows XP service 3
> Details:
>
> I installed postgre server and it works. when I tried to started, it
> failed.
>  This is from command line.
> the configure file exist on the directory.
>
> E:\Progra~1\PostgreSQL\8.4\bin\pg_ctl.exe start -D E:\Postgre\8.4\data -w
> waiting for server to start...postgres cannot access the server
> configuration fi
> le "E:/Postgre/8.4/data/postgresql.conf": No such file or directory
>
> --

--=20
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare