Re: PostgreSQL committer history?

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: PostgreSQL committer history?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Robert Treat wrote:
> There are a few minor things like typos and what not that I have
> seen that I wouldn't waste the time on to send in a patch that I would fix if
> I had commit...

Yipes.  Is committing really easier than submitting patches?

I would have thought that sending in a patch is
at least as a light an activity than doing a commit.

IIRC, the mechanics of sending a patch is
   1. typing "cvs diff"
   1b. reading carefully to make sure all's OK
   2. emailing it to patches with an explanation.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would expect the mechanics
of committing to be
   1. typing "cvs diff" to see what changed, and
   1b. reading *extremely* carefully
   2. typing "cvs commit" with the same explanation.

If committing is really easier than submitting patches,
it seems someone should either make committing harder or
make submitting patches easier.

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL committer history?
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL committer history?