Re: Why pgAdmin III guru suggests VACUUM in 8.1

От Andrus
Тема Re: Why pgAdmin III guru suggests VACUUM in 8.1
Дата
Re: Why pgAdmin III guru suggests VACUUM in 8.1
Список pgsql-general
Jim,

> Keep in mind that if analyze has never been run on a table the database
> will assume 1000 rows, which is definately off from 122 rows.

autovacuum processes this tabele regularly.
I believed that autovacuum can update the row count to be real.

> You might want to ask on the pgAdmin list. Though I'd recommend against
> calling the guru 'stupid' over there. :)

I'm creating application which upsizes existing data to new postgres 8.1
database.

Will I need to run VACUUM ANALYZE after upsizing ?

Must I enable statitics collection for this database ?

Andrus.

Сообщение: Re: Why pgAdmin III guru suggests VACUUM in 8.1
Сообщение: Re: Why pgAdmin III guru suggests VACUUM in 8.1