Re: Benchmark: Dell/Perc 6, 8 disk RAID 10

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Benchmark: Dell/Perc 6, 8 disk RAID 10
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 9:55 PM, Craig James <craig_james@emolecules.com> wrote:
> I just received a new server and thought benchmarks would be interesting.  I think this looks pretty good, but maybe
thereare some suggestions about the configuration file.  This is a web app, a mix of read/write, where writes tend to
be"insert into ... (select ...)" where the resulting insert is on the order of 100 to 10K rows of two integers.  An
externalprocess also uses a LOT of CPU power along with each query.

Have you been inserting each insert individually, or as part of a
larger transaction.  Wrapping a few thousand up in a begin;end; pair
can really help.  You can reasonably wrap 100k or more inserts into a
single transaction.  if any one insert fails the whole insert sequence
fails.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Repeated execution of identical subqueries
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Benchmark: Dell/Perc 6, 8 disk RAID 10