Re: Add publisher and subscriber to glossary documentation.

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: Add publisher and subscriber to glossary documentation.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 15, 2024, at 1:14 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
I think node should mean instance for both physical and logical
replication, otherwise, it would be confusing. We need both the usages
as a particular publication/subscription is defined at the database
level but the server on which we define those is referred to as a
node/instance.

If you are creating a subscription that connects to the same instance
(replication between 2 databases in the same cluster), your definition is not
correct and Alvaro's definition is accurate. The node definition is closely
linked to the connection string. While the physical replication does not
specify a database (meaning "any database" referring to an instance), the
logical replication requires a database.

--
Euler Taveira