Re: broken master regress tests

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: broken master regress tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2023-12-28 at 18:00 +0300, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
> AFAICS, before that commit SELECT getdatabaseencoding() in the test
> returned SQL_ASCII, hence the test was essentially skipped, but now
> it
> returns WIN1252, so problematic CREATE COLLATION(locale = 'en_US',
> ...)
> is reached.

We do want that test to run though, right?

I suspect that test line never worked reliably. The skip_test check at
the top guarantees that the collation named "en_US" exists, but that
doesn't mean that the OS understands the locale 'en_US'.

Perhaps we can change that line to use a similar trick as what's used
elsewhere in the file:

  do $$
  BEGIN
    EXECUTE 'CREATE COLLATION ctest_det (locale = ' ||
            quote_literal((SELECT collcollate FROM pg_collation WHERE
collname = ''en_US'')) || ', deterministic = true);';
  END
  $$;

The above may need some adjustment, but perhaps you can try it out?
Another option might be to use \gset to assign it to a variable, which
might be more readable, but I think it's better to just follow what the
rest of the file is doing.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis