Re: logical decoding and replication of sequences, take 2

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: logical decoding and replication of sequences, take 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7/25/23 12:20, Amit Kapila wrote:

> I have used the debugger to reproduce this as it needs quite some
> coordination. I just wanted to see if the sequence can go backward and
> didn't catch up completely before the sequence state is marked
> 'ready'. On the publisher side, I created a publication with a table
> and a sequence. Then did the following steps:
> SELECT nextval('s') FROM generate_series(1,50);
> insert into t1 values(1);
> SELECT nextval('s') FROM generate_series(51,150);
>
> Then on the subscriber side with some debugging aid, I could find the
> values in the sequence shown in the previous email. Sorry, I haven't
> recorded each and every step but, if you think it helps, I can again
> try to reproduce it and share the steps.

Amit, can you try to reproduce this backwards movement with the latest
version of the patch? I have tried triggering that (mis)behavior, but I
haven't been successful so far. I'm hesitant to declare it resolved, as
it's dependent on timing etc. and you mentioned it required quite some
coordination.

Thanks!

--
Tomas Vondra