Re: Allow tailoring of ICU locales with custom rules

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Allow tailoring of ICU locales with custom rules
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2023-03-03 at 13:45 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> You can mess with people by setting up your databases like this:
>
> initdb -D data --locale-provider=icu --icu-rules='&a < c < b < e < d'
>
> ;-)

Would we be the first major database to support custom collation rules?
This sounds useful for testing, experimentation, hacking, etc.

What are some of the use cases? Is it helpful to comply with unusual or
outdated standards or formats? Maybe there are people using special
delimiters/terminators and they need them to be treated a certain way
during comparisons?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis