Re: psql: add \create_function command

От walther@technowledgy.de
Тема Re: psql: add \create_function command
Дата
Re: psql: add \create_function command  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Pavel Stehule:
> looks a little bit obscure - why do you need to do it from psql? And how
> frequently do you do it?

I store all my SQL code in git and use "psql -e" to "bundle" it into an
extension, which is then deployed to production.

The code is spread over many files, which include other files via \ir.
Sometimes you need to include other types of files, though - for example
code in other languages as Steve mentioned, but I have also had cases
for yaml files, markdown templates, even binary assets which should
still be considered "code" and not data.

So anything in that direction would help.