Re: Postgresql Database cant start after restore using pgBackRest

От David Steele
Тема Re: Postgresql Database cant start after restore using pgBackRest
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 6/26/23 15:55, Ron wrote:
> On 6/26/23 08:08, David Steele wrote:
>> On 6/25/23 18:53, Deo Felix wrote:
>>>   I am doing backup with pgbackrest in the database server every day
>>> at night, I was testing to restore the backup in another server, the
>>> restore was successfully however the database cant start
>>>
>>> *pgbackrest --stanza=data --delta --log-level-console=detail restore*
>>
>> Usually this happens when you promote a standby while the primary is
>> still running. The promotion of the standby will create a new timeline
>> (in this case 2) and then push WAL to the archive on this new timeline.
>>
>> When you restore, PostgreSQL will try to recover to timeline 2 (by
>> default) even though timeline 2 can't be reached from timeline 1
>> backups that were made after the promotion.
>>
>> So, you need to instruct PostgreSQL to stay on timeline 1 rather than
>> try to switch to timeline 2. You can do that by setting
>> --target-timeline=current, i.e. stay on the timeline that was current
>> when the backup was made.
>
> Did I not have this problem because I restored to a different pg-path?

I believe you did not have this problem because you do not have an
00000002.history file in your archive to cause a problem for your recovery.

Regards,
-David

Сообщение: Re: Postgresql Database cant start after restore using pgBackRest
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql Database cant start after restore using pgBackRest