Re: Timescale's State of PostgreSQL 2023 Survey

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: Timescale's State of PostgreSQL 2023 Survey
Дата
Re: Timescale's State of PostgreSQL 2023 Survey  (Jacob Champion <jchampion@timescale.com>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 2023-08-02 04:59, Jacob Champion wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> The State of PostgreSQL 2023 survey is now open! We'd love to hear from
> everyone in the community:
>
>     https://tsdb.co/state-of-postgres-2023-survey
<snip>

Just started going through this, but gave up shortly as it seems
to have some fundamental design flaws. :( :( :(

For example, where it asks what we use PG for at work, it gives
a selection of options...  but clicking any one of them wipes out
the others (can't even see them any more).

It does that with no warning at all, so if (like me) you assumed
it was multiple choice (the only sensible option) then tough luck.

Looking at the list now, literally all of these are the categories
we use PG for:

   * App Development
   * DevOps
   * Monitoring
   * Real-time Analytics
   * SaaS Metrics
   * Web analytics

And that's pretty standard across companies I'd worked at, rather
than this workplace being unusual.

That was the point I closed the page, as I'm assuming the other
questions probably have similar problems.  Obviously could be wrong
though. ;)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift