Re: Add recovery to pg_control and remove backup_label

От David Steele
Тема Re: Add recovery to pg_control and remove backup_label
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/28/24 19:11, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 26, 2024 at 06:27:30PM +0530, vignesh C wrote:
>> Please post an updated version for the same.
>>
>> [1] - http://cfbot.cputube.org/patch_46_3511.log
>
> With the recent introduction of incremental backups that depend on
> backup_label and the rather negative feedback received, I think that
> it would be better to return this entry as RwF for now.  What do you
> think?

I've been thinking it makes little sense to update the patch. It would
be a lot of work with all the new changes for incremental backup and
since Andres and Robert appear to be very against the idea, I doubt it
would be worth the effort.

I have withdrawn the patch.

Regards,
-David