Re: Sequence Access Methods, round two

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Sequence Access Methods, round two
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 19.01.24 00:27, Michael Paquier wrote:
> The reason why this stuff has bumped into my desk is that we have no
> good solution in-core for globally-distributed transactions for
> active-active deployments.  First, anything we have needs to be
> plugged into default expressions of attributes like with [1] or [2],
> or a tweak is to use sequence values that are computed with different
> increments to avoid value overlaps across nodes.  Both of these
> require application changes, which is meh for a bunch of users.

I don't follow how these require "application changes".  I guess it
depends on where you define the boundary of the "application".  The
cited solutions require that you specify a different default expression
for "id" columns.  Is that part of the application side?  How would your
solution work on that level?  AFAICT, you'd still need to specify the
sequence AM when you create the sequence or identity column.  So you'd
need to modify the DDL code in any case.

Сообщение: RE: Psql meta-command conninfo+
Сообщение: RE: Psql meta-command conninfo+