Re: Statistics Import and Export

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Statistics Import and Export
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Surely they are data, not schema.  It would make zero sense to
> restore
> them if you aren't restoring the data they describe.

The complexity is that pg_upgrade does create the data, but relies on a
schema-only dump. So we'd need to at least account for that somehow,
either with a separate stats-only dump, or make a special case in
binary upgrade mode that dumps schema+stats (and resolves the CREATE
INDEX issue).

> Maybe we need to revisit CREATE INDEX's behavior rather
> than assuming it's graven in stone?

Would there be a significant cost to just not doing that? Or are you
suggesting that we special-case the behavior, or turn it off during
restore with a GUC?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Сообщение: Re: Statistics Import and Export
Сообщение: Re: Statistics Import and Export