Re: Checkpointer split has broken things dramatically (was Re: DELETE vs TRUNCATE explanation)

От karavelov@mail.bg
Тема Re: Checkpointer split has broken things dramatically (was Re: DELETE vs TRUNCATE explanation)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

----- Цитат от David Fetter (david@fetter.org), на 23.07.2012 в 15:41 -----

I'm not sure how you automate testing a pull-the-plug scenario.

I have a dim memory of how the FreeBSD project was alleged to have
done it, namely by rigging a serial port (yes, it was that long ago)
to the power supply of another machine and randomly cycling the power.

These days most of the server class hardware could be power-cycled with IPMI command.

Best regards

--
Luben Karavelov