Re: Refactoring of pg_resetwal/t/001_basic.pl

От Svetlana Derevyanko
Тема Re: Refactoring of pg_resetwal/t/001_basic.pl
Дата
Re: Refactoring of pg_resetwal/t/001_basic.pl  (Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut писал(а) 2024-03-25 17:10:

> But MXOFF_SIZE doesn't exist anywhere else.  The actual formula uses
> sizeof(MultiXactOffset), which isn't obvious from your patch.  So this
> just moves the magic constants around by one level.
>
> I think if we're going to add more symbols, then it has to be done
> consistently in the source code, the documentation, and the tests, not
> just one of them.

Hello!
Thank you for your reply.

Attached is the updated version of patch for pg_resetwal test. I added
definitions for MXOFF_SIZE and MXID_SIZE constants in multixact.c (and
replaced use of sizeof(MultiXactId) and sizeof(MultiXactOffset)
accordingly). Also changed multipliers for pg_xact/members/offset on
CLOG_XACTS_PER_PAGE/MULTIXACT_MEMBERS_PER_PAGE/MULTIXACT_OFFSETS_PER_PAGE
both in src/bin/pg_resetwal/t/001_basic.pl and docs, since it seems to
me that this makes things more clear.

What do you think?

Best regards,
Svetlana Derevyanko.