Re: transactions from PHP - double COMMIT required?

От mikie
Тема Re: transactions from PHP - double COMMIT required?
Дата
Re: transactions from PHP - double COMMIT required?
Список pgsql-php
2007/3/1, Martin Marques <martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar>:

> >> PG will rollback all transactions that have an error in some part, as it
> >> can't commit the transaction as a whole.
> >
> > OK, so my way of programming seems correct.
> > Then why do I have to send another COMMIT after failed transaction to
> > continue with next queries in the same php script ?
>
> I may not have gotten your question right, but with one commit (or end)
> is enough. Transaction gets closed (commited or rolled back), and you
> can start a new transaction with BEGIN.

Thats exactly what I was thinking, too. But PHP does things in some
other way, I guess.
I am sending an entire sql transaction block to the PHP pg_query
command, so it starts with BEGIN and ends with COMMIT. Then I still
have to execute another pg_query with "commit;" only - thats why I am
asking here if maybe someone know what the problem is.

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления: