Re: planner chooses incremental but not the best one

От Andrei Lepikhov
Тема Re: planner chooses incremental but not the best one
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 15/12/2023 15:58, Richard Guo wrote:
> With the patch the estimate for the number of distinct 'b' values is
> more accurate.
+1 to commit this patch.
It looks good and resolves kind of a bug in the code.

> BTW, this patch does not change any existing regression test results.  I
> attempted to devise a regression test that shows how this change can
> improve query plans, but failed.  Should I try harder to find such a
> test case?
The test that was changed refers to different features. Its behaviour
can be changed in. the future, and mask testing of this code. IMO, you
should add a test directly checking appendrel->tuples correction.

--
regards,
Andrei Lepikhov

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade and logical replication
От: Andy Fan
Сообщение: Re: make add_paths_to_append_rel aware of startup cost