Re: Adding OLD/NEW support to RETURNING

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Adding OLD/NEW support to RETURNING
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2024-03-26 at 18:49 +0000, Dean Rasheed wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 at 14:04, Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > v7 patch attached, with those updates.
> >

> Rebased version attached, forced by 87985cc925.

This isn't a complete review, but I spent a while looking at this, and
it looks like it's in good shape.

I like the syntax, and I think the solution for renaming the alias
("RETURNING WITH (new as n, old as o)") is a good one.

The implementation touches quite a few areas. How did you identify all
of the potential problem areas? It seems the primary sources of
complexity came from rules, partitioning, and updatable views, is that
right?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis