Re: How to improve insert speed with index on text column

От Saurabh
Тема Re: How to improve insert speed with index on text column
Дата
Re: How to improve insert speed with index on text column  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
Re: How to improve insert speed with index on text column  (Rosser Schwarz <rosser.schwarz@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
Thank you for the information.

Schema of table is:

ID                         bigint
company_name     text
data_set                text
time                      timestamp
Date                     date

Length of company_name is not known so it is of datatype text. I need
to build the index on company_name and ID. And then insert the
records. I can not create the index after insertion because user can
search the data as well while insertion.

Machine is of 8 core, os centos6 and 8 GB of RAM.

Here is my configuration:

max_connections = 100
shared_buffers = 32MB
wal_buffers = 1024KB
checkpoint_segments = 3

Сообщение: Re: How to improve insert speed with index on text column
Сообщение: Re: How to improve insert speed with index on text column