Re: Extension Enhancement: Buffer Invalidation in pg_buffercache

От Maksim Milyutin
Тема Re: Extension Enhancement: Buffer Invalidation in pg_buffercache
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 07.04.2024 02:07, Thomas Munro wrote:

So this is the version I plan to commit.

+bool
+EvictUnpinnedBuffer(Buffer buf)
+{
+    /* This will return false if it becomes dirty or someone else pins it. */
+    result = InvalidateVictimBuffer(desc);
+
+    UnpinBuffer(desc);
+
+    return result;
+}

Hi, Thomas!

Should not we call at the end the StrategyFreeBuffer() function to add target buffer to freelist and not miss it after invalidation?

--
Best regards,
Maksim Milyutin