Re: Question: what is proper way to define python function asevent_trigger?

От Jeff Ross
Тема Re: Question: what is proper way to define python function asevent_trigger?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2019-12-22 15:27, Andrei Pozolotin wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Problem:
>
> 1. any attempt to define python function as an event_trigger, i.e.:
>
> CREATE FUNCTION public.verify()
> RETURNS event_trigger
> LANGUAGE 'plpython3u'
> AS $$ print("hello-kitty") $$;
>
> 2. fails with message:
>
> ERROR: trigger functions can only be called as triggers
>
> SQL state: 0A000
>
> 3. here in the source:
>
> https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/master/src/pl/plpython/plpy_procedure.c#L226
>
> Question:
>
> what is proper way to define python function as event_trigger?
>
> Thank you.

Just do

"create function public.verify() as trigger..."

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/plpython-trigger.html

TD["event"] contains the type of event as a string and I routinely do
things like

     if TD["event"] == "UPDATE":
         #do update stuff
     elif TD["event'} == "INSERT":
         #do insert related stuff

Jeff

От: Andrei Pozolotin
Сообщение: Question: what is proper way to define python function asevent_trigger?