Re: Improve handling of parameter differences in physical replication

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Improve handling of parameter differences in physical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-02-27 11:13, Fujii Masao wrote:
>> Btw., I think the current setup is slightly buggy.  The MaxBackends value that is used to size shared memory is
computedas MaxConnections + autovacuum_max_workers + 1 + max_worker_processes + max_wal_senders, but we don't track
autovacuum_max_workersin WAL.

> Maybe this is because autovacuum doesn't work during recovery?

Autovacuum on the primary can use locks or xids, and so it's possible
that the standby when processing WAL encounters more of those than it
has locally allocated shared memory to handle.