Re: ALTER COLUMN ... SET EXPRESSION to alter stored generated column's expression

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: ALTER COLUMN ... SET EXPRESSION to alter stored generated column's expression
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 14.11.23 11:40, Amul Sul wrote:
> Please have a look at the attached version, updating the syntax to have "AS"
> after EXPRESSION and other changes suggested previously.

The code structure looks good to me now.

Question: Why are you using AT_PASS_ADD_OTHERCONSTR?  I don't know if
it's right or wrong, but if you have a specific reason, it would be good
to know.

I think ATExecSetExpression() needs to lock pg_attribute?  Did you lose
that during the refactoring?

Tiny comment: The error message in ATExecSetExpression() does not need
to mention "stored", since it would be also applicable to virtual
generated columns in the future.

Documentation additions in alter_table.sgml should use one-space indent
consistently.  Also, "This form replaces expression" is missing a "the"?