Re: Postgres with pthread

От Andreas Karlsson
Тема Re: Postgres with pthread
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/06/2017 06:08 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> I think the biggest problem with doing this for real is that it's a huge
> project, and that it'll take a long time.

An additional issue is that this could break a lot of extensions and in
a way that it is not apparent at compile time. This means we may need to
break all extensions to force extensions authors to check if they are
thread safe.

I do not like making life hard for out extension community, but if the
gains are big enough it might be worth it.

> Thanks for working on this!

Seconded.

Andreas