Re: longfin missing gssapi_ext.h

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: longfin missing gssapi_ext.h
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/12/23 10:33 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>> Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> writes:
>>> Understood.  Please find attached the updated patch with changes to the
>>> commit message to indicate that we now require MIT Kerberos, an
>>> additional explicit check for gssapi_ext.h in configure.ac/configure,
>>> along with updated documentation explicitly saying we require MIT
>>> Kerberos for GSSAPI support.
>>
>> Um ... could you package this as a straight un-revert of the
>> previous commit, then a delta patch?  Would be easier to review.
>
> Sure, reworked that way and attached.

Docs read well. A few questions/commenets:

* On [1] -- do we want to add a note that it's not just Kerberos, but
MIT Kerberos?

* On [2] -- we mention "kadmin tool of MIT-compatible Kerberos 5" which
is AIUI is still technically correct, but do we want to drop the
"-compatible?" (precedent in [3])

Thanks,

Jonathan

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/install-requirements.html