Re: ERROR could not read block xxx in file, read only 0 of 8192 bytes

От Adrien Nayrat
Тема Re: ERROR could not read block xxx in file, read only 0 of 8192 bytes
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

On 4/15/24 11:30 AM, Oracle People wrote:
> We have a few Postgres 16.2 servers running on VMs (RHEL 9.3) created on
> VMware vSphere (7.0.3).  3PAR LUNs are used as their storages.
>
> On a couple of the PostgreSQL servers, there are errors such as:
>
> ERROR:  could not read block 1264 in file "base/16520/59258": read only
> 0 of 8192 bytes
>
> The errors occured when trying to insert rows to the tables.

It looks like the same bug as
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/1878547.tdWV9SEqCh%40aivenlaptop

Maybe you can try to rebuild FSM :
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Free_Space_Map_Problems#Cleanup_of_broken_FSM_files

FYI, a fix has been committed :

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=93582974315174d544592185d797a2b44696d1e5

Regards,

--
Adrien NAYRAT

От: Oracle People
Сообщение: ERROR could not read block xxx in file, read only 0 of 8192 bytes
От: M Sarwar
Сообщение: Re: From CROSSTAB: One Column data with Two results columns