Re: [EXT] Re: Improve "select count(*)" query - takes more than 30 mins for some large tables

От MichaelDBA
Тема Re: [EXT] Re: Improve "select count(*)" query - takes more than 30 mins for some large tables
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Laurenz,

Oh really? Even if it did an INDEX ONLY SCAN, it would still be slower because it still has to access the heap in a random I/O kinda way  (like I said-->"The heap always gets accessed for select counts") because visibility info is only found in the HEAP not the index.