Re: buildfarm + meson

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: buildfarm + meson
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2023-03-09 Th 15:25, Tom Lane wrote:
On 2023-03-09 14:47:36 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
. There appears to be some mismatch in database names (e.g.
regression_dblink vs contrib_regression_dblink). That's going to cause some
issues with the module that adjusts things for cross version upgrade.
I guess we can try to do something about that, but the make situation is
overly complicated. I don't really want to emulate having randomly differing
database names just because a test is in contrib/ rather than src/.
We could talk about adjusting the behavior on the make side instead,
perhaps, but something needs to be done there eventually.

Having said that, I'm not sure that the first meson-capable buildfarm
version needs to support cross-version-upgrade testing.

Well, I want to store up as little future work as possible. This particular issue won't be much of a problem for several months until we branch the code, as we don't do database adjustments for a same version upgrade. At that stage I think a small modification to AdjustUpgrade.pm will do the trick. We just need to remember to do it.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Sub-millisecond [autovacuum_]vacuum_cost_delay broken
Сообщение: Re: Sub-millisecond [autovacuum_]vacuum_cost_delay broken