Re: Speed up transaction completion faster after many relations are accessed in a transaction

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Speed up transaction completion faster after many relations are accessed in a transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 18/09/2023 07:08, David Rowley wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Sept 2023 at 22:37, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
>>> I've added a call to LockAssertNoneHeld(false) in there.
>>
>> I don't see it in the patch?
>
> hmm. I must've git format-patch before committing that part.
>
> I'll try that again... see attached.

This needed a rebase after my ResourceOwner refactoring. Attached.

A few quick comments:

- It would be nice to add a test for the issue that you fixed in patch
v7, i.e. if you prepare a transaction while holding session-level locks.

- GrantLockLocal() now calls MemoryContextAlloc(), which can fail if you
are out of memory. Is that handled gracefully or is the lock leaked?

--
Heikki Linnakangas
Neon (https://neon.tech)

Вложения