Re: Stronger safeguard for archive recovery not to miss data

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Stronger safeguard for archive recovery not to miss data
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2021/03/25 23:21, David Steele wrote:

>>> Updated. This patch showed no failure during regression tests
>>> and has been aligned by pgindent.
>>
>> Looks good to me.
>> I'll set it to "ready for committer" again.
>
> Fujii, does the new patch in [1] address your concerns?

No. I'm still not sure if this patch is good idea... I understand
why this safeguard is necessary. OTOH I'm afraid it increases
a bit the risk that users get unstartable database, i.e., lose whole database.
But maybe I'm concerned about rare case and my opinion is minority one.
So I'd like to hear more opinions about this patch.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center