Re: pgsql: Allow using syncfs() in frontend utilities.

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pgsql: Allow using syncfs() in frontend utilities.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 22.03.24 17:52, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 6, 2023 at 7:28 PM Nathan Bossart <nathan@postgresql.org> wrote:
>> Allow using syncfs() in frontend utilities.
>>
>> This commit allows specifying a --sync-method in several frontend
>> utilities that must synchronize many files to disk (initdb,
>> pg_basebackup, pg_checksums, pg_dump, pg_rewind, and pg_upgrade).
>> On Linux, users can specify "syncfs" to synchronize the relevant
>> file systems instead of calling fsync() for every single file.  In
>> many cases, using syncfs() is much faster.
>>
>> As with recovery_init_sync_method, this new option comes with some
>> caveats.  The descriptions of these caveats have been moved to a
>> new appendix section in the documentation.
>
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to complain about this commit's addition of a new appendix.

I already complained about that at
<https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/42804669-7063-1320-ed37-3226d5f1067d@eisentraut.org>
and some follow-up was announced but didn't happen.  It was on my list
to look into cleaning up during beta.

От: jian he
Сообщение: Re: remaining sql/json patches