Re: pgbench-ycsb

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: pgbench-ycsb
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Could you provide a link to the specification?
>>
>> I cannot find something simple, and I was kind of hoping to avoid diving
>> into the source code of the java tool on github:-) In particular, I'm
>> looking for a description of the expected underlying schema and its size
>> (scale) parameters.
>
> There are the description files for different workloads, like [1], (with the
> custom amount of records, of course) and the schema [2]. Would this
> information be enough?
>
> [1]: https://github.com/brianfrankcooper/YCSB/blob/master/workloads/workloada
> [2]: https://github.com/brianfrankcooper/YCSB/blob/master/jdbc/src/main/resources/sql/create_table.sql

The second link is a start.

I notice that the submitted patch transactions do not apply to this
schema, which is significantly different from the pgbench TPC-B (like)
benchmark.

The YCSB schema is key -> fields[0-9], all of them TEXT, somehow expected
to be 100 bytes each, and update is expected to update one of these
fields.

This suggest that maybe a -i extension would be in order. Possibly

    pgbench -i -s 1 --layout={tpcb,ycsb} (or schema ?)

where "tpcb" would be the default?

I'm sceptical about using a textual primary key as it corresponds more to
NoSQL limitations than to an actual design choice. I'd be okay with INT8
as a pkey.

I find the YSCB tablename "usertable" especially unhelpful. Maybe
"pgbench_ycsb"?

--
Fabien.