Re: Make foo=null a warning by default.

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: Make foo=null a warning by default.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello David,

All is nearly well, although "make docs" found a typo. I should have
tested doc building before, sorry for this new round which should have
been avoided.

   "<replacable>null_expression</replaceable>"

s/<replacable>/<replaceable>/;

Also, while reading the full documentation about the setting: I find this
sentence a bit strange:

"""
But new users are frequently confused about the semantics of expressions
involving null values, so this option is off by default.
"""

It appears to justify why the option is off by default, but this is not
the actual reason, which was already provided at the end of the preceding
paragraph.

I would suggest to remove this "But..." sentence, or turn it differently,
maybe something like:

""" New users are frequently confused about the semantics of expressions
involving null values: beware that turning this option on might bring even
more confusion. """

--
Fabien.