Re: Make foo=null a warning by default.

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: Make foo=null a warning by default.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

> Yeah, I was wondering about that too. But Fabien brought up a completely new
> use-case for this: people learning SQL.

Indeed.

This year, about 30% of my students wrote "= NULL" in a query at least
once. Probably I or a colleague were called to the rescue for help.

So this warning would save me time, which explains why I reviewed the
patch with such enthousiasm:-)

I'm fine with keeping the current behavior as a default.

--
Fabien.