Re: Wrong SqlType for boolean columns

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Wrong SqlType for boolean columns
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, Thomas Kellerer wrote:

> Oliver Jowett, 28.07.2010 10:59:
>> It is not a bug. BOOLEAN does not exist in earlier JDBC versions,
>> and drivers can map boolean types to either BIT or BOOLEAN. We pick
>> BIT so we can build drivers for earlier JDBC versions. (BIT is
>> something of a confusing type, as the mappings defined by JDBC for
>> the JDBC BIT type only really make sense for a single boolean value,
>> not a SQL BIT(n) type)
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to map this to BOOLEAN if the driver is built for
> JDBC4 and to BIT if is built for JDBC3?

Actually BIT is JDBC2 and BOOLEAN is JDBC3.  Since we no longer build
JDBC2 releases for the latest drivers, we could make this change, I'm just
not sure I see the point.  I guess we'd get fewer of these complaints.

Kris Jurka

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Trouble with COPY IN
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Trouble with COPY IN