Re: How to ensure that SSL is enabled?

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: How to ensure that SSL is enabled?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009, Eric Jain wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 20:45, Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
>>     hostssl    somedatabase    all    0.0.0.0/0    md5
>
> Thanks!
>
> Looks like what's happening is that PGPoolingDataSource is ignoring
> ssl=true. When I switch to PGSimpleDataSource, an SSL connection is
> established.

Looks like PGPoolingDataSource is busted and not just for SSL, but for a
wide variety of connection options.  There's some code which copies over
most of the options one at a time from the DataSource to a
ConnectionPoolDataSource and it hasn't been updated in a long time.  It
would be easy to add SSL to the list, but that code needs to be rewritten
to something that's less fragile.

See org.postgresql.ds.jdbc23.AbstractJdbc23PoolingDataSource#initialize

Kris Jurka