Re: Wanted: new project slogan

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Wanted: new project slogan
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 14:59 +0100, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
>> Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> writes:

>>> You are completely right that "PostgreSQL" is not a "database", but it's
>>> tempting to use it in a slogan because it's shorter and more
>>> recognizable.  But "database system" is also not correct, and arguably
>>> not as short and recognizable.  So you'd get the worst of both worlds
>>> that way.
>>
>>   http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2010-01/msg00053.php
>>
>>   The Professional Database Solution
>>
>> It's missing something yet, but hopefully with some contribution we'd
>> get there.'
>

> The Professionals Database

I like the first one better .. yours implies a certain knowledge level
required to use ...

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Wanted: new project slogan
Сообщение: Re: Wanted: new project slogan