Re: Changing the name

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Changing the name
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Yea, the original logic was that adding the QL to Postgres allowed us to
> be identified as a database.

Actually, PostgreSQL emphasized the switch from the PostQUEL query
language that was in the original database to the SQL query language the
Andrew/Jolly based their Graduate work on ... they went with Postgres95 as
a joke / play on Windows95 ... we changed teh 95 -> QL and capitalized the
'S' to emphasize that we were now an SQL based RDBMS ...

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org