Re: Going, going, GUCs!

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Going, going, GUCs!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 20 Oct 2009, Bernd Helmle wrote:

> --On 20. Oktober 2009 10:49:33 -0700 David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
>
>> track_activities (should be on)
>> track_counts (should be on)
>> update_process_title (should be on)
>
> Removing all track* GUCs would only make sense if we are going to make
> autovacuum mandatory, i think. And i thought update_process_title was
> introduced due to performance complaints on some platforms which can't easily
> be resolved?

Yes, update_process_title on FreeBSD defaults to 'off' as the overhead
based on how FreeBSD does the update was enough to make a noticeable
difference in performance ... suspect that is the same for all the *BSDs,
not sure about any other platform though ... maybe Windows?

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org