Postgres perl module namespace

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Postgres perl module namespace
Дата
Re: Postgres perl module namespace  (Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
While solving a problem with the Beta RPMs, I noticed that they export
our perl test modules as capabilities like this:

    [andrew@f34 x86_64]$ rpm -q --provides -p
    postgresql14-devel-14-beta1_PGDG.fc34.x86_64.rpm | grep ^perl
    perl(PostgresNode)
    perl(PostgresVersion)
    perl(RecursiveCopy)
    perl(SimpleTee)
    perl(TestLib)

I don't think we should be putting this stuff in a global namespace like
that. We should invent a namespace that's not likely to conflict with
other people, like, say, 'PostgreSQL::Test' to put these modules. That
would require moving some code around and adjusting a bunch of scripts,
but it would not be difficult. Maybe something to be done post-14?
Meanwhile I would suggest that RPM maintainers exclude both requires and
provides for these five names.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
Сообщение: Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft